THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, January 15, 2010

I like to do things all at once, it's more fun that way

A very exciting and eventful week this week for us. I was recently laid off from my job (more on this later), and today I'm getting MARRIED!!! Our original wedding was schedule for June 26, but due to A we ended up with B. We are doing a very intimate (another word for small, cheap and quick) ceremony at our house. Having both already done the big traditional thing, this is really the way we both prefer. I am so excited for tonight! Also, tomorrow is our baby party for Braelynn, so lots of celebrating going on :)
Now back to the not so fun news. AOL recently let go of 2,500 employees, I have been there for five years lived through 24 layoffs so clearly the statistics were against me, and it was my time to be cut. Am I upset about losing my job, well no not so much, am I upset about the timing of it all, yeah I'd say being 9 months pregnant and not really able to interview it a bit upsetting. I had been unhappy with the position I was moved into a few months back and knew it was time to make a change; I was just hoping I could get through my pregnancy. At the end of the day everything happens for a reason and I am looking forward to seeing where I end up and what my next adventure will be! For now though I am settling into my new role as a stay at home mom (I pulled Lyric out of pre-school so she will be home with me). I'm not sure if my new job will make my posts more interesting, but I do know for sure that I will have a lot more time to make them.

I leave you with a shameless plug: If you or someone you know is looking for a creative marketing leader in the DC area, I have over seven years experience with a heavy emphasis in online advertising, email me for my resume!

2 comments:

Claudia Lawrence said...

Hi, ur blog is really nice and interesting, I have bookmark it & anxiously waiting for ur new post. I just wanna suggest that u should go for blog advertising & marketing there is a website called Blogerzoom.com which is offering very unique features at affordable prices. There are Expert advertising teams in Blogerzoom who will promote ur blog & affiliate ads through all over the networks. All u have to do is submit your blog plus pay affordable prices and rest leave it to Blogerzoom advertising team for Advertising & Marketing then see how u enjoy a lots of quality traffic plus good readers to ur blog.

Unknown said...

Hey there send me your resume i am a recruiter so, if anything I might be able to pass it on to people i know that might have a need