THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Braelynn's Birthday


Braelynn decided to surprise us and make an early entrance Monday. I am beyond in love, she is perfect. I can't believe how lucky I am to have two beautiful daughters and a wonderful husband :)


Her stats:
Weight: 5 lbs 6 oz
Length: 18 inches
Birthday: 1/25/10 5:47 pm





And here's how it happened:

9:00 am: Lyric and I get up and head over to Reston Hospital to get a bio physical ultra sound exam. After the exam we head home and are back to the house by 2. Lyric heads upstairs to play dress up, I hit the couch for a nap.

2:30 pm: I get a call from my Dr.'s office. They told me to head to labor and delivery right away for monitoring and a possible c-section tonight. I asked if I could wait for my husband and was told no, go straight there. They also told me to bring Lyric with me and not wait around for a sitter. The urgency had me a bit worried. Lyric was great, she got ready and helped me get ready fast.

3:30 I parked my car and was walking to the front of the building and by some miracle everyone arrived at the hospital at the exact same time, Stefan appeared from one direction and my mom from the other. We said our goodbyes to Lyric and headed upstairs.

4:00 By this time I was in a room, registered and hooked up to the monitor. I figured that they would do some monitoring over night so we settled in and got comfortable. (I should have known better). A few minutes later my doctor (Dr. Wilson). came in and said the fluids were dangerously low and she needed to deliver right then. Before I had time to absorb that info a nurse was in the room putting an IV in my left arm and the anesthesiologist was at the end of my bed reviewing the details of my epidural. My head was spinning, I started sweating and a billion thoughts/fears/prayers went shooting through my head. I heard Stefan laughing and looked down to see blood flying out of my IV and all over the bed and the nurse franticly trying to fix it (she was a noob), it was taking everything in me just to concentrate on what the anesthesiologist was saying so I decided to file the IV incident away and react later (Stefan and I had a good laugh about it post-Braelynn). Everyone finished their task at hand and the room was suddenly very quiet. Stefan and I had a few moments alone, the calm before the storm. He was able to talk me down off the ledge and get me calm and ready to have this baby!


5:30 Next thing I knew, I was walking down to the c-section room, I felt like a prisoner being led down death row. First things first, the epidural. Once that was in (and it wasn't so bad at all) Stefan was brought back in, the tent was put up and Dr. Wilson got to work.


5:57 I saw Braelynn for the first time, she was blue, tiny and so beautiful. They assured me the she was healthy and then I heard her cry, the best sound in the world I was overcome with emotion and tears were streaming down my face. I fell head over heels in love with her and my heart felt like it would burst. She got a little bit of oxygen to help her color, but they were soon able to bring her over to me and while they finished up the c-section, I got to hold her; Kent, the anesthesiologist was even nice enough to take a ton of pictures of Stefan, Braelynn and I.

About a 1/2 hour later they finished up the surgery. Turns out I only had about 2 table spoons of fluid left and had she stayed in a day longer things could have taken a dramatic turn for the worse. Thank God my doctor made the right decision and Braelynn made a safe journey into this world. After the surgery I was taken to recovery and Braelynn went to the NICU with Stefan. Stefan got her settled and then came back to help nurse me. My recovery was uneventful and on the way up to my room I was able to stop in the NICU and spend some time with Braelynn. They kept her for a few hours due to low sugar levels, but those cleared right up and the three of us spent our first night together getting acquainted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never new you had this its so sweet. Congrats to you and the whole new family still bre is a beauty

~M~ said...

Thanks hun!