THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, December 18, 2009

Some privacy please!

A few things you give up when becoming a mom: energy, an active social life (or at least one that involves bars and such), blowing loads of money on frivolous things just for you, making a bowl of cereal for dinner and calling it a day and privacy! My latest invasion from my mini stalker:


My back hurts, my feet are swollen, it is a lazy Sunday afternoon (Lyric is somewhere playing something quietly), perfect opportunity to grab a book and take a nice long hot bath. (Not so much). About 10 minutes into my bath a little monster comes barreling through the door wanting to know what I'm up to. "Ooooo a bath! I want to play!" Next thing I know I have a mermaid Barbie joining me in the tub and a four year old hanging over the side. But apparently that wasn't enough....

Lyric "I'm just going to stick my feet in, OK?" *climbs up on the side of the tub feet in MY water"
Me: "umm ok I guess" *continues reading, trying hard to ignore*

Of course the invasion doesn't stop here.. a few pages later Lyric is in her birthday suit and almost finished with the full bath takeover. She looks up and says to me:

"You know mom, there really isn't much room in this bath for two people, you would probably be more comfortable reading on the couch downstairs."

Point taken, I retreated, she wins again :)

0 comments: