THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hickory, Dickory, Dock....

Moving to an old farmhouse in the middle of nowhere (kind of) was always a dream I had, which came to fruition last June. I didn't realize how reliant I was on modern technology until getting settled. (I had a hint when my sister took one look at pics of the new place and started laughing at the thought of me living in a place with no central air, but I shrugged it off as usual).


Anyways the lack of dishwasher, central air, abundance of bugs, and issues with the oil heat tank, all of these I could deal with just fine. But the latest charm has just about sent me over the deep end. Our new roomies, the mice family. I am generally good with creepy crawlies and such, but the thought of a mouse jumping out at me was just too much to bare. Not to mention the fact that they took up residence in our bedroom, making late night appearances waking me up with their squeaking and shuffling. Stefan was told to get rid of the mice, no matter what it took (estimates were at about 5 - 7). He put out poison like a good obedient fiancé and eventually the late night visits stopped, I was happy. Until about a week ago. Apparently the poison worked and the family of mice is now dead...... in our bedroom wall.

I have never smelled anything like it in my entire life. The smell of these mice left my bedroom uninhabitable for a good three days. So now I'm 7 months pregnant (already hormonal and cranky) forced to sleep on the couch. Stefan, like all good captain, decided if the ship was going down, he was going down with it and he stayed in the bedroom.

I'm now back in the bedroom, but still suffering. I'm not sure when the smell will leave but for now I guess I just have to suck it up and deal with it. I still love my house and it certainly could be worse.



0 comments: