THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, December 28, 2009

Oil Heater 3, Me 0

I'm going to back this story up a bit in order to give you a better understanding of the war that is currently raging between me and my oil heater. Back in October it got cold and my procrastination got the best of me. We found ourselves with no heat, and the house was about 48 degrees.


Battle #1, Winner: Oil Heater
There are two companies that deliver oil in our area Quarles and Petro. I called both and Quarles was not able to make a delivery for two weeks, but Petro said they could come out in two days. Well three scheduled deliveries missed later (and three very cold weeks) Petro finally realized they actually don't service our house, and this is why the truck was never stopping to deliver the oil. We did get a few emergency deliveries scattered within those three weeks giving us a few days of heat, but it was more of a tease than anything. By the time they realized their mistake we had all had it, Lyric's room was about 38 degrees and she had moved into our room. We were all walking around with space heaters, not fun. I finally called Quarles and they were able to successfully fill our tank, ahhhh heat.

Battle #2, Winner: Oil Heater
About three weeks ago we started to smell this gas like smell, it started out as just a hint in the air and then one day we came home to a smell that would burn the hair off your nostrils. (I guess there is a theme forming with this new house, Yankee candles are a must). Stefan went to check the oil heater and yep, we had a leak. I walked downstairs to see a puddle of oil forming around the heater. Actually what I saw was dollar bills just seeping out of my new enemy. Mr. Al saved the day and was able to get someone in right away so at least the problem was solved, for now.

Battle #3, Winner: Oil Heater
That brings us to today, foiled again! I called last week to schedule our re-fill delivery (I really thought I was on the ball this time). Nope woke up this morning with no heat, we have run out of oil :(. So far the house is maintaining its heat, and the delivery should come Wed, but the oil heater always seems to find a way of defeating me, so we may be moving into mom's house while we impatiently await our oil delivery!

0 comments: