THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mmm feta

What you need: three fairly thick chicken breasts, 6 oz. of tomato basil feta cheese, butter, seasoned bread crumbs.


Pre-heat the oven for 350
Cut the chicken in half (but not all the way, you want to create a "pouch")
Lightly grease a 9X13 glass cooking dish
Fill the middle of the chicken breasts with feta cheese and smoosh down and place in cooking dish
Brush the chicken with the butter and cover with bread crumbs, then lightly spray with cooking spray
Bake at 350 for 35 - 45 minutes

I served this with pasta salad and a regular salad (lettuce, feta cheese crumbles and croutons).

How it was received:
Stefan made a happy plate and loved it. I thought it was really good. I think the next time I make it, I'm going to try to stuff the chicken with regular feta and add some salt and pepper. Lyric wasn't thrilled, but unless its ramen noodles or spaghetti she rarely is. She refused to even try the chicken and had a MAJOR melt down when we wouldn't let her have dessert. This morning on the way to school she asked me why I didn't feed her dinner last night, so I'm sure she is going to tell everyone who will listen how deprived she is and how we starve her. I kindly reminded her that I did feed her dinner but she chose to only eat the pasta salad and refused the rest, but I'm sure it fell on deaf ears. Tonight on the menu: meat loaf, roasted potatoes (my mom's recipe which NEVER taste as good as mom's) and bread.

1 comments:

Stillie said...

I'm eating the leftovers right now :)